Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"LAME!"

So, a while ago I was watching TV and this commercial came on for the movie Due Date.

There were clips interspersed with VERY quick black screen with white lettering saying these words in allcaps:

"HILARIOUS," "IRREVERENT," "BRILLIANT," "COMEDY CLASSIC," "THE FUNNIEST FILM OF THE YEAR."

First of all, to say something is irreverent isn't a positive or negative thing. I just feel I should point that out.

Anyway, they were all in quotes with very, very small words underneath them, identifying the person who said those things. I had to rewind and pause move close to the TV and rewind and pause to get the quoters. I have never heard of any of these people and I doubt that any are legitimate film reviewers. But they may all be whores, selling themselves to studios:

"HILARIOUS"
-- Shawn Edwards, Fox-TV

"IRREVERENT"
-- Maria Salas, TheCW

"BRILLIANT"
-- Rick Florino, ARTISTdirect.com

"COMEDY CLASSIC"
-- Rick Florino, ARTISTdirect.com

"THE FUNNIEST FILM OF THE YEAR"
-- Joel Amos, SheKnows.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home